היכן תרצה לבקר באתונה

    • אתרי תיירות (29)

    • Parthenon

      הפרתנון הוא מקדש יווני הניצב על האקרופוליס של אתונה העתיקה והוא נחשב לבניין המפורסם ביותר מתקופת יוון העתיקה, ולאחד הבניינים המפורסמים ביותר בעולם. הפרתנון נבנה באמצע המאה ה-5 לפנה"ס כהודיה לאתנה, האלה הפטרונית של העיר, על ניצחון אתונה והיוונים במלחמת פרס-יוון. הבניין נקרא רשמית "המקדש של אתנה הבתולה", ושמו הפופולרי נגזר מהמילה היוונית לבתולה, "פרתנוס". הפרתנון נבנה במקום בו ניצב מקדש קודם שנהרס על ידי הפרסים. מלבד היותו מקדש, שימש הפרתנון כבית אוצר, ומשנת 454 לפנה"ס נשמר בו האוצר של הליגה האטית-דלית, גוף פוליטי שמאוחר יותר הפך לאימפריה האתונאית. במאה ה-6 לספירה הוסב המבנה לכנסייה נוצרית, ובמאה ה-14 הוסב למסגד, לאחר שיוון נכבשה על ידי האימפריה העות'מאנית. הסבתו ממקדש פגאני לכנסייה ומאוחר יותר למסגד סייעו לשימורו והישארותו שלם עד המאה ה-17. המבנה חרב חלקית בשנת 1687 לאחר התפוצצות מחסן תחמושת שנפגע מפגז במלחמה בין ונציה והעות'מאנים. במאה ה-19 נלקחו חלק מעיטוריו, לרבות האפריז המפואר שלו (הנודע כשיש אלגין), על ידי תומאס ברוס, הרוזן מאלגין ושגריר בריטניה לאימפריה העות'מאנית, והובאו לאנגליה. בשנת 1975 החל תהליך שחזור ושימור המבנה על ידי משרד התרבות היווני אשר נמשך עד היום. על אף שכיום הפרתנון הרוס בחלקו הגדול, ניתן להתרשם מגדולתו ומיופיו. בתקופה בה היה הפרתנון שלם, הוא נחשב לכליל השלמות וייצג את פסגת האדריכלות היוונית ואת אתוס הסגנון הדורי אשר לפיו נבנה. מעבר ליופיו, נחשב הפרתנון לסמל של הדמוקרטיה האתונאית ומייצג את שיאה של התרבות היוונית הקלאסית בעת העתיקה. הפרתנון, כחלק מהאקרופוליס של אתונה, הוכרז בשנת 1987 כאתר מורשת עולמית.

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • ארכתאון

      ארכתאון (Eerechtheon, Erechtheum) הוא מקדש עתיק בצפונה של האקרופוליס באתונה, שנבנה לכבודו של ארכתאוס (Erechtheus), אחד ממלכי אתונה. ארכתאוס, הנקרא גם ארכתוניוס (Eerechthonius), נולד לפי המיתולוגיה היוונית מזרעו של אל האש הפיסטוס, כאשר זה ניסה לאנוס את אתנה ומזימתו לא צלחה. אתנה מחתה את זרעו בממחטה וזרקה אותה לארץ. מזרע זה נולד ארכתאוס. הארכתאון הוא המקדש היחיד שידוע כי היה בעל 3 מפלסים. להבדיל משאר המקדש, בו משמשים עמודים יוניים, גג המרפסת הדרומית, המכונה מרפסת העלמות, נתמך על ידי שש קריאטידות (פסלי נשים ששימשו כעמודי תמך). אחת מהן הועברה על ידי הלורד אלגין לבריטניה ומוצגת כיום במוזיאון הבריטי. לאחר הקמת מוזיאון האקרופוליס בשנת 2009, הועברו חמש הקריאטידות הנותרות לתוך מבנה המוזיאון ובאתר הוצבו העתקים.

      זמן באתר: 30 דקות
    • מצבת פילופאפוס

      The Philopappu Monument (Greek: Μνημείο Φιλοπάππου) is an ancient Greek mausoleum and monument dedicated to Gaius Julius Antiochus Epiphanes Philopappos or Philopappus, (Greek: Γάιος Ιούλιος Αντίοχος Επιφανής Φιλόπαππος, 65–116 AD), a prince from the Kingdom of Commagene. It is located on Mouseion Hill in Athens, Greece, southwest of the Acropolis.

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • הר ליקבטוס

      Mount Lycabettus (), also known as Lycabettos, Lykabettos or Lykavittos (Greek: Λυκαβηττός, pronounced [likaviˈtos]), is a Cretaceous limestone hill in Athens, Greece at 300 meters (908 feet) above sea level. Pine trees cover its base, and at its two peaks are the 19th century Chapel of St. George, a theatre, and a restaurant. The name also refers to the residential neighbourhood immediately below the east of the hill. The hill is a tourist destination and can be ascended by the Lycabettus Funicular, a funicular railway which climbs the hill from a lower terminus at Kolonaki (The railway station can be found at Aristippou street). Lycabettus appears in various legends. Popular stories suggest it was once the refuge of wolves, (lycos in Greek), which is possibly the origin of its name (means "the one [the hill] that is walked by wolves"). Another etymology suggests a Pelasgian, pre-Mycenean, origin (Lucabetu=mastoid hill). Mythologically, Lycabettus is credited to Athena, who created it when she dropped a limestone mountain she had been carrying from the Pallene peninsula for the construction of the Acropolis after the box holding Erichthonius was opened.

      זמן באתר: שעתיים
    • מקדש זאוס האולימפי

      The Temple of Olympian Zeus (Greek: Ναός του Ολυμπίου Διός, Naós tou Olympíou Diós), also known as the Olympieion or Columns of the Olympian Zeus, is a former colossal temple at the center of the Greek capital Athens. It was dedicated to "Olympian" Zeus, a name originating from his position as head of the Olympian gods. Construction began in the 6th century BC during the rule of the Athenian tyrants, who envisaged building the greatest temple in the ancient world, but it was not completed until the reign of the Roman Emperor Hadrian in the 2nd century AD, some 638 years after the project had begun. During the Roman period the temple -that included 104 colossal columns- was renowned as the largest temple in Greece and housed one of the largest cult statues in the ancient world. The temple's glory was short-lived, as it fell into disuse after being pillaged during a barbarian invasion in 267 AD, just about a century after its completion. It was probably never repaired and was reduced to ruins thereafter. In the centuries after the fall of the Roman Empire, it was extensively quarried for building materials to supply building projects elsewhere in the city. Despite this, a substantial part of the temple remains today, notably sixteen of the original gigantic columns, and it continues to be part of a very important archaeological site of Greece

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • שער אדריאנוס

      The Arch of Hadrian (Greek: Αψίδα του Αδριανού, romanized: Apsida tou Adrianou), most commonly known in Greek as Hadrian's Gate (Greek: Πύλη του Αδριανού, romanized: Pyli tou Adrianou), is a monumental gateway resembling – in some respects – a Roman triumphal arch. It spanned an ancient road from the center of Athens, Greece, to the complex of structures on the eastern side of the city that included the Temple of Olympian Zeus. It has been proposed that the arch was built to celebrate the adventus (arrival) of the Roman Emperor Hadrian and to honor him for his many benefactions to the city, on the occasion of the dedication of the nearby temple complex in 131 or 132 AD. It is not certain who commissioned the arch, although it is probable that the citizens of Athens. There were two inscriptions on the arch, facing in opposite directions, naming both Theseus and Hadrian as founders of Athens. While it is clear that the inscriptions honor Hadrian, it is uncertain whether they refer to the city as a whole or to the city in two parts: one old and one new. The early idea, however, that the arch marked the line of the ancient city wall, and thus the division between the old and the new regions of the city, has been shown to be false by further excavation. The arch is located 325m southeast of the Acropolis.

      זמן באתר: 15 דקות
    • Monastiraki

      Monastiraki (Greek: Μοναστηράκι, pronounced [monastiˈraci], literally little monastery) is a flea market neighborhood in the old town of Athens, Greece, and is one of the principal shopping districts in Athens. The area is home to clothing boutiques, souvenir shops, and specialty stores, and is a major tourist attraction in Athens and Attica for bargain shopping. The area is named after Monastiraki Square, which in turn is named for the Church of the Pantanassa that is located within the square. The main streets of this area are Pandrossou Street and Adrianou Street. The Monastiraki Metro Station, located on the square, serves both Line 1 and Line 3 of the Athens Metro.

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • Psyri

      Psyri or Psiri or Psyrri or Psirri (Greek: Ψυρή or Ψυρρή, pronounced [psiˈri]) is a gentrified neighbourhood in Athens, Greece, today known for its restaurants, bars, live music tavernas, and small number of hotels.

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • בית הקברות קרמייקוס

      Kerameikos (Greek: Κεραμεικός, pronounced [ce.ɾa.miˈkos]) also known by its Latinized form Ceramicus, is an area of Athens, Greece, located to the northwest of the Acropolis, which includes an extensive area both within and outside the ancient city walls, on both sides of the Dipylon (Δίπυλον) Gate and by the banks of the Eridanos River. It was the potters' quarter of the city, from which the English word "ceramic" is derived, and was also the site of an important cemetery and numerous funerary sculptures erected along the road out of the city towards Eleusis.

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • הפרלמנט היווני

      הפרלמנט ההלני (יוונית: Βουλή των Ελλήνων – "הפרלמנט של ההלנים") הוא הרשות המחוקקת ביוון. בפרלמנט, השוכן בבירת יוון, אתונה, ישנם כ-300 נציגים הנבחרים מדי ארבע שנים בבחירות מחוזיות. הפרלמנט בנוי בשיטה של בית מחוקקים חד-ביתי. במהלך השנים 1844-1863 ו-1927-1935 היו בפרלמנט כשני בתים. כיום המפלגה הגדולה בפרלמנט היא מפלגת השמאל סיריזה, שמטעמה יש כ-144 נציגים. החוקה אינה קובעת מספר מדויק של חברי פרלמנט, אלא רק שבפרלמנט יהיו בין 200 ל-300 נציגים. כיום, כ-250 נציגים נבחרים באופן יחסי במחוזות, ועוד כ-50 נציגים נבחרים בטופס כללי מרשימת המפלגה הגדולה ביותר, על מנת להשיג יציבות. המועמדים חייבים להיות בני 25 ומעלה ובעלי אזרחות יוונית. הם זכאים לחסינות פרלמנטרית. כיום ישנן שש ועדות קבועות בפרלמנט: ועדת התרבות והחינוך ועדת ההגנה הלאומית והיחסים בינלאומיים ועדת הכלכלה ועדת הרווחה ועדת המנהל ציבורי, הסדר ציבורי והמשפטים ועדת התעשייה והסחר.בנוסף על כך, ישנן ועדות משנה וועדות מיוחדות.

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • הגנים הלאומיים

      The National Garden (formerly the Royal Garden) (Greek: Εθνικός Κήπος) is a public park of 15.5 hectares (38 acres) in the center of the Greek capital, Athens. It is located between the districts of Kolonaki and Pangrati, directly behind the Greek Parliament building (The Old Palace) and continues to the South to the area where the Zappeion is located, across from the Panathenaiko or Kalimarmaro Olympic Stadium of the 1896 Olympic Games. The Garden also encloses some ancient ruins, tambourines and Corinthian capitals of columns, mosaics, and other features. On the Southeast side are the busts of Ioannis Kapodistrias, the first governor of Greece, and of the Philhellene Jean-Gabriel Eynard. On the South side are the busts of the celebrated Greek poets Dionysios Solomos, author of the Greek National Hymn, and Aristotelis Valaoritis.

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • Central Municipal Athens Market

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • האגורה

      האגורה שבאתונה העתיקה היא הידועה באגורות שהיו קיימות בעולם העתיק. אזור האגורה אורגן לראשונה על ידי פייסיסטראטוס במאה השישית לפנה"ס. באותה עת היו באגורה מבני מגורים, וככל הנראה פיסיסטרטוס התגורר בעצמו באגורה. פיסיסטרטוס פינה את בתי המגורים, בנה מערכת ביוב, מערכת מי שתייה, ויצר רחבה שנועדה עבור הממשל של אתונה. כמו כן נבנו במקום מקדשים לאלי הפנתאון היווני. קימון הקים באגורה מבנים נוספים ושתל בה עצי נוי. במאה החמישית לפנה"ס הוקמו באגורה מקדשים להפייסטוס, זאוס ואפולון. באגורה נערכו מפגשים ציבוריים (אף שהאראופגוס התכנס במקום אחר). עם הקמת הדמוקרטיה האתונאית (אחרי שנת 509 לפנה"ס) התכנסו באגורה הבולה (מועצת העיר) והפריטניס (נשיאי המועצה). כמו כן הארכונים (השופטים) נפגשו באגורה, והיוו למעשה את מערכת בתי המשפט של אתונה. כל אזרח שעבר באגורה יכול היה להפוך לחלק מחבר המושבעים ששפט במשפטים שנערכו בה. סביב האגורה היו חמש סטואיי שהידועה והמפוארת שביניהן הייתה הסטואה של אטאלוס שנבנתה בתקופה ההלניסטית. בתקופת האימפריה הרומית הפך אזור האגורה לאזור מגורים ואיבד את חשיבותו הציבורית.

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • פלאקה

      Pláka (Greek: Πλάκα) is the old historical neighborhood of Athens, clustered around the northern and eastern slopes of the Acropolis, and incorporating labyrinthine streets and neoclassical architecture. Plaka is built on top of the residential areas of the ancient town of Athens. It is known as the "Neighborhood of the Gods" due to its proximity to the Acropolis and its many archaeological sites.

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • ספריית אדריאנוס

      Hadrian's Library was created by Roman Emperor Hadrian in AD 132 on the north side of the Acropolis of Athens.The building followed a typical Roman Forum architectural style, having only one entrance with a propylon of Corinthian order, a high surrounding wall with protruding niches (oikoi, exedrae) at its long sides, an inner courtyard surrounded by columns and a decorative oblong pool in the middle. The library was on the eastern side where rolls of papyrus "books" were kept. Adjoining halls were used as reading rooms, and the corners served as lecture halls. The library was seriously damaged by the Herulian invasion of 267 and repaired by the prefect Herculius in AD 407-412. During Byzantine times, three churches were built at the site, the remains of which are preserved: a tetraconch (5th century AD) a three-aisled basilica (7th century), and a simple cathedral (12th century), which was the first cathedral of the city, known as Megali Panagia.Around the same period as the cathedral another church, Agios Asomatos sta Skalia, was built against the north facade, but it is not preserved.

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • Acropolis Hill

      האקרופוליס באתונה (ביוונית Ακρόπολη Αθηνών) היא האקרופוליס הידועה ביותר מתקופת יוון העתיקה, הנמצאת במרכזה ההיסטורי של אתונה העתיקה. באקרופוליס באתונה נותרו מבנים ושרידים ארכאולוגיים רבים מתקופת הזוהר של אתונה ובראשם הפרתנון. האקרופוליס מתנשאת לגובה של 150 מטרים מעל גובה פני הים ולעיתים כונתה קקרופיה על שם איש הנחש האגדי קקרופס, שהיה גם מלכה הראשון של אתונה. האקרופוליס כולה מוכרת כאתר מורשת עולמית.

      זמן באתר: שעתיים
    • Anafiotika

      Anafiotika (Greek: Αναφιώτικα pronounced [a.naˈfço.ti.ka]) is a scenic tiny neighborhood of Athens, part of the old historical neighborhood called Plaka. It lies in northerneast side of the Acropolis hill. The first houses were built in the era of Otto of Greece, when workers from the island of Anafi came to Athens in order to work as construction workers in the refurbishment of King Othon's Palace. The first two inhabitants were listed as G. Damigos, carpenter, and M. Sigalas, construction worker. Soon, workers from other Cycladic islands also started to arrive there, to work as carpenters or even stone and marble workers, in a further building reconstruction period in Athens, but also in the following era after the end of the reign of King Otto. In 1922, Greek refugees from Asia Minor also established here, altering the population that was up to that time only from the Cycladic islands. In 1950, part of this neighborhood was destroyed for archeological research and in 1970 the state started to buy the houses. In the modern era, there are only 45 houses remaining, while the little streets from Stratonos to the Acropolis rock are still unnamed and the houses are referred to as "Anafiotika 1", "Anafiotika 2", etc.The neighborhood was built according to typical Cycladic architecture, and even nowadays gives to visitors the feel of Greek islands in the heart of the city, with white walls and small spaces, usually with the presence of bougainvillea flowers. Houses are small and mostly cubic, small streets that often end up to ladders or even deadends at terraces, where one can sit and enjoy the night view of the city. "In this oasis of tranquility, nestled beneath the walls of the Acropolis, the intensity of Athens seems miles away"...

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • Lycabettus Cable Car

      The Lycabettus Funicular is a funicular railway to the top of Mount Lycabettus in the Greek capital city of Athens. It was constructed in the 1960s by the Greek Tourist Organisation (EOT) and was inaugurated on April 18, 1965. The terminal stations are situated at Aristippou street, in Kolonaki, and the Chapel of St. George, near the top of the hill. Between the terminal stations, the line is entirely in tunnel. In 2002 extensive refurbishment was carried out, involving replacement of the motor, of the hydraulic brake unit, of the electronics safety systems, of the control room and of the two cars of the funicular. The railway now runs daily services, with a capacity of about 400 persons per hour.

      זמן באתר: 30 דקות
    • כיכר סינטגמה

      כיכר סינטגמה או סינדגמה (ביוונית:Πλατεία Συντάγματος, מבטאים "פלטיה סינדאגמטוס" - בתרגום:"כיכר החוקה") היא הכיכר המרכזית של אתונה, בירת יוון. הככר נקראת כך לזכר החוקה שהמלך אותון מבית ויטלסבך, המלך הראשון של יוון המודרנית, נאלץ להעניק לעם בעקבות המרד העממי והצבאי שפרץ בכיכר ב-3 בספטמבר 1843. הכיכר, שנקראה עד אז כיכר הארמון קיבלה את השם "כיכר החוקה". היא שוכנת בפני הארמון המלכותי לשעבר מן המאה ה-19, המאכסן החל משנת 1934 את הפרלמנט היווני (אי בולי). כיכר סינטגמה היא הכיכר החשובה ביותר של אתונה המודרנית מבחינה היסטורית וחברתית, לבן של חיי המסחר והחיים הפוליטיים של יוון. האזור המקיף את הכיכר נקרא גם כן "סינטגמה" או לפי ההיגוי היווני -"סינדגמה". הכיכר, עם שטח של 25,000 מ"ר, היא השנייה בגודלה ביוון, אחרי הכיכר המרכזית של קרקירה. היא נמצאת במרחק של דקות ספורות מאזור פלאקה ומונסטיראקי, לא רחוק מאקרופוליס. ב-25 במרץ 1932 לרגל יום העצמאות של יוון, נחנכה בככר על יד בניין הפרלמנט של היום, אנדרטת החייל האלמוני, שעליה תחריט המתאר חייל הופליט ההולך למות. בצדדים האנדרטה מכוסה טקסטים מנאום ההספד המפורסם של פריקלס. על יתר קירות האנדרטה מגיני ברונזה לזכר הניצחונות הצבאיים נגד הטורקים עות'מאנים ששמו קץ לשלטון העות'מאני - ה"טורקוקרטיה" - בחלק המשוחרר של יוון. חיילי המשמר הלאומי היווני, המכונים "אבזונס" מפטרלים לאורך כל היממה בחזית האנדרטה, במדים האופייניים עם פוסטנלות. טקס חילופי המשמרות מושך תיירים רבים. בחג המולד במרכז הככר מונח עץ אשוח חגיגי גדול.

      זמן באתר: שעה
    • Omonia Square

      זמן באתר: 30 דקות
הבחירה
שלך