Welcome to SeeVoov,
Where would you like to go?
Vitosha Boulevard (Bulgarian: булевард "Витоша", often called just "Витошка", Vitoshka) is the main commercial street in the centre of Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria, which is abundant in posh stores, restaurants and bars. It extends from the St Nedelya Square to the Southern Park. Many high-end fashion labels have outlets on Vitosha boulevard and the neighbouring streets: Versace, Escada, Bulgari, D&G, La Perla, Lacoste, Van Laak, Ermenegildo Zegna, Tru Trussardi, Moreschi, Marella, Max Mara, Gianfranco Ferré, Emporio Armani, Tommy Hilfiger, Boss, Baldinini. Among the notable buildings, located on the boulevard are: The National Palace of Culture, The Palace of the Courts, the house where the famous Bulgarian poet Peyo Yavorov lived and died. The corner of Vitosha and Patriarch Eftimii boulevards, so called the Pharmacy (Аптека), is a popular place for meetings. The boulevard is named after Vitosha, the mountain just next to Sofia. It was an unadjusted street during the Ottoman rule of Bulgaria and acquired the name Vitoshka ulitsa ("Vitosha Street") after the Liberation, in 1883. The street was initially built up with low one-storey houses, but turned into an imposing trade street in the Interwar period as massive public buildings were constructed, changing Vitoshka's appearance completely. According to a 2007 Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. study, Vitosha Boulevard is the world's 22nd most expensive trade street.   In May 2007 a renovation of the boulevard is announced, which should restore the style of 1930s Sofia. Historical benches and street lights are added, as well as Art Nouveau round kiosks, more green areas, fountains, open-air bars, as well as a clock tower at the St Nedelya Church displaying the time in various world capitals. In March 2013, reconstruction works on the boulevard have started. In summer 2015 there was another renovation of the boulevard completing the entirely pedestrian zone of the boulevard between Patriarh Evtimii Blvd. and Alabin Str.