The Łazienki Palace ([waˈʑɛŋki], Polish: pałac Łazienkowski; in English, the Baths Palace; also called the Palace on the Water and the Palace on the Isle) is a classicist palace in Warsaw's Royal Baths Park, the city's largest park, occupying over 76 hectares of the city center. From 1674 the property (and the nearby Ujazdów Castle) belonged to Count Stanisław Herakliusz Lubomirski, who built a Baroque bath house called "Łazienka" ("Bath") The destroyed building, erected on a square plan, was richly decorated with stuccos, statues, and paintings; some of the original decorations and architectural details survive. In 1766 King Stanisław August Poniatowski purchased the estate and converted the bathing pavilion into a classicist summer residence. During World War II, the occupying Germans drilled holes in the palace walls in preparation for blowing it up. They never got around to carrying out the planned destruction.